Mission, Vision, and Beliefs
Our Mission: What we do best
Work together to solve problems and empower one another!
We Believe That:
- Students are our first priority. Every decision and action must be based on the needs of students.
- Parents, educators, school, and community members share responsibility for learning.
- Every child is capable of learning, which is the priority of our school.
- Literacy is the foundation of success in all content areas.
- Differentiation meets individual learning styles, ensuring that learning occurs.
- Clear goals and high expectations result in student learning.
- Learning thrives in an environment that inspires creativity, inquiry, innovation, and critical thinking.
- Technology enables us to communicate, research, and solve problems together.
- Character education promotes the development of responsible citizens.
We have established the following goals for the 2017-2018 school year:
- Congaree Elementary School will score at or above the state average in ELA (45.5%), Math (45.0%), Science (49.1%), and Social Studies (67.6%) as measured by SC Ready and SC PASS on the state report card by May 31, 2021.
- Congaree Elementary School will be recognized as a National ESEA Distinguished School by May 31, 2022.
- Congaree Elementary School will be recognized as an AVID Showcase School by May 31, 2022.
- Congaree Elementary School will be recognized as a South Carolina Department of Education PBIS Ribbon Award School by May 31, 2022.
Please talk to your child about these goals.
Our objective is to help each child become a proficient reader and mathematician, on his or her way to college or a career.