Mission, Vision, and Beliefs
Our Mission: What we do best
Work together to solve problems and empower one another!
We Believe That:
- Students are our first priority. Every decision and action must be based on the needs of students.
- Parents, educators, school, and community members share responsibility for learning.
- Every child is capable of learning, which is the priority of our school.
- Literacy is the foundation of success in all content areas.
- Differentiation meets individual learning styles, ensuring that learning occurs.
- Clear goals and high expectations result in student learning.
- Learning thrives in an environment that inspires creativity, inquiry, innovation, and critical thinking.
- Technology enables us to communicate, research, and solve problems together.
- Character education promotes the development of responsible citizens.
We have established the following goals for the 2017-2018 school year:
- Teachers will use student data to set performance goals and make instructional decisions in ELA and Math.
- Teachers will use AVID Elementary strategies and Growth Mindset to prepare students for college and career readiness.
- Every studentat Congaree Elementary will have an adult advocate.
Please talk to your child about these goals.
Our objective is to help each child become a proficient reader and mathematician, on his or her way to college or a career.