Mission, Vision, and Beliefs
Our Mission: What we do best
Congaree Elementary works to create a community of learners through shared respect, teamwork, and leadership leading to lifelong success.
Our Vision: What our future looks like because of our mission
Working together to change the world!
Beliefs: What guides us
We Believe That:
- Students are our first priority. Every decision and action must be based on the needs of students.
- Parents, educators, school, and community members share responsibility for learning.
- Every child is capable of learning, which is the priority of our school.
- Literacy is the foundation of success in all content areas.
- Differentiation meets individual learning styles, ensuring that learning occurs.
- Clear goals and high expectations result in student learning.
- Learning thrives in an environment that inspires creativity, inquiry, innovation, and critical thinking.
- Technology enables us to communicate, research, and solve problems together.
- Character education promotes the development of responsible citizens.
- Congaree Elementary School 2nd Graders on Track for 3rd Grade will increase by two percentage points or more in ELA (38.2.% to 40.2%) and in Math (41.6% to 43.6%) as measured by the Spring 2023 Star assessment.
- Congaree Elementary School 3rd through 5th graders will increase proficiency scores by two percentage points or more each year, over the next five years in ELA (24.5% to 34.5%), 36.6% Math (28.1% to 38.1%), 33.6% Science (34.2% to 44.2%) 30.9% as measured by SC Ready and SC PASS on the state report card by May 31, 2023.
Please talk to your child about these goals. Our objective is to help each child become a proficient reader and mathematician, on his or her way to college or a career.